Wicked Witch Studios

Wicked Witch Studios
When You Need Something Utterly Wicked

Sunday, February 21, 2016

His Grace's Whore (and nothing more). Raina Starr

his grace’s whore, and nothing more

You'll not be thus, my king convincing
mere wanderlust would not be risking
for where upon you would be sworn
to have none other, save your own

You'll break my heart, there will be blame
you'll leave me thus, heart burdened weight
intending not to break my core
still leave me nothing but your whore

Our time will come to dream at night
and keep ourselves with wish-filled sighs
that you will not be left to roam
upon the fields where others sown

So love we did, a time of blessing
and kept us safe from undue guessing
until one day his armor worn
he disappeared outside my door

Now all those words of empty meaning
a will for love seems fast retreating
left waiting by my father’s door
your grace’s whore, and nothing more

August 21, 2015
Raina Starr