Wicked Witch Studios

Wicked Witch Studios
When You Need Something Utterly Wicked

Sunday, May 29, 2016

Memorial Day (Dorian Wallace)

I'm not here to shame anyone for celebrating this weekend with cookouts and libations....although please don't drink and drive! I am here to remind everyone to take some time to honor our fallen service women, men and animals. Most likely you too have an ancestor who has served their Country...not just in America...and they are no longer with us.

My Papa was on the beaches of Normandy and when he came home my Father was born. Had he not survived, I would not exist.

My Grandad served in the Scottish military. Had he not survived, again, I wouldn't be here.

I am grateful for their service and grateful to be here. Papa passed in 1977 and Grandad passed in 1993. I love and miss them both. I plan on dedicating my altar to them and all of our fallen tonight and encourage you to do the same. Even lighting a candle and sending up love and thanks if you can.

So, have a wonderful weekend. Celebrate with family and friends, be safe and send up gratitude to the ancestors.