Wicked Witch Studios

Wicked Witch Studios
When You Need Something Utterly Wicked

Sunday, May 8, 2016

Strength, Love and Magick. (Dorian Wallace)


The past few years have been growing years for me, and probably for a lot of you as well, but in my 40's I finally feel I'm coming into my own. I have realized, that I don't OWE anyone my time, affection, allegiance, caring, or love if it not earned. Most of my life has been spent scared and tied to one person even though others had come in and tried to cut that rope to help me, it wasn't until my Sister showed me that I wield my own sword and I cut it myself. Don't get me wrong....it still took me a long damn time staring at that sword before I finally landed the last blow to that stupid rope and set myself free.

I love myself and I can finally say that without cringing. I was always too afraid of sounding conceited and didn't want to seem full of myself, but ya know what? I'm pretty awesome. I am not perfect by any means, I make mistakes, I have a temper and I tend to procrastinate....but so what. I am also pretty damn funny, loyal, protective of those I love and care about, I can multitask like a champ and I am surrounded by some of the most amazing people on Earth....so I can't be all that bad if they like me ;)

Magick, mine seems to be peeking out again after hibernating while I heal. I think it has partially been self imposed because when I'm angry, bad things happen. I am almost ready to get back in the wand slinging business, but I'm not quite there yet and that's okay. I am not going to let it frustrate me and push it. I think all of us in the magickal arts tend to go through rest cycles at some point or another. I have cast for others that needed help, but have kept it on a low burn for myself aside from protection. Which incidentally, I needed as there has been "someone" literally banging on both my doors to get in the past few weeks. Whomever it is doesn't scare me, they are week beyond the physical manifestation of noise. I just throw a bit of extra energy at the door to knock them away.

For now, I am going to go enjoy my Mother's Day with my husband and babies. I wish you a Happy Mother's Day as well. If you don't have the fuzziest of relations with yours, celebrate yourself today for surviving...you've earned it.

Bright Blessings!