Wicked Witch Studios

Wicked Witch Studios
When You Need Something Utterly Wicked

Sunday, August 28, 2016

Pumpkin Spice Everything! (Dorian Wallace)



If you are familiar with me at all, you know I LIVE for Autumn. It borders on unnatural, but I've realized, I'm definitely not alone in my love of all things Fall. I love the cool weather, the golden light, the amazing palate of nature, football, the rainy days, the smell of bonfires....Summer cookouts have their own magickal smell, but don't compare to a fire pit.



But, can we talk about the pumpkin spice thing for a moment? The over saturation has kind of killed my love for the stuff. Seriously, that shit is on and in EVERYTHING now! Pumpkin Spice lattes, Pumkin Spice Cheerios, Pumpkin Spice M&M's....candles, air fresheners, Oreo's, (well, they've kind of gotten ridiculous with their flavors lately), it's everywhere. But that's what happens right? Marketers figure out that we like something and they go overboard and take the novelty out of it. Look at what they're doing to Sriracha. And, can you find anything that's NOT Gluten free now? These money grubbers take something special and ruin it....maybe not the gluten thing, I don't know enough about that to bitch. But seriously, I kinda have a love/hate relationship with Pumpkin Spice now.



I obviously love Autumn with a passion and am excited to see the leaves are already starting to get that end of Summer hue of light green and dull yellow. The air is cooling a bit as well, but I am in North Carolina, so the humidity has yet to piss off. My youngest son starts school tomorrow, so I think I will take some time and curl up with a good book....or actually get some work done.

What are your thoughts on Pumpkin Spice and what are you excited about this Season?